Building Inside to Outside:
Mental Strategies for Excellence in the 21st Century
Recommended Prep Material
1) Forbes: Leadership 4.0: The Call To Lead From Davos 2019
“We need leaders who are emotionally intelligent, and able to model and champion co-operative working. They’ll coach, rather than command; they’ll be driven by empathy, not ego. The digital revolution needs a different, more human kind of leadership.”
– Founder of World Economic Forum, Klaus Schwab
2) Harvard Business Review: If You Aspire to Be a Great Leader, Be Present
“When I’m with people during the day, I’m doing my best to be focused, I’m present with them. Part of this is because I get energy from being with people. But the other part is because if you’re not focused, if you’re not present, it’s discouraging to the other people. They lose motivation. If you’re not present, I think you may as well not have the meeting. It can sometimes be difficult to do, but it’s always important.”
– Global Managing Director of McKinsey & Company, Dominic Barton
3) Harvard Business Review: Ego Is the Enemy of Good Leadership
“If I don’t meet people, I won’t get to know what they think. And if I don’t have a finger on the pulse of the organization, I can’t lead effectively.”
– CEO of the Carlsberg Group, Cees ‘t Hart
4) 5-10 Minutes Assessment: How Mindful Are You?
Please take a photo or a screenshot of the assessment result as we may refer to it in the workshop.